Behind the Scenes and In Real Life
Written by Paul Richards on August 20, 2018
You’ve seen it. The transition from Hollywood, to Reality TV and now daily vlogging. Let’s talk about the importance of authenticity in live streaming and video production. Why are Behind the Scenes video so attractive and what is it about IRL (In Real Life) live streaming that has captured the attention of a generation.
In this live stream and (podcast available on iTunes), the StreamGeeks discuss the value of bringing your audience behind the scenes whether it be live or an experience captured on video and used to share a more personal side of your brand and or business. The StreamGeeks, have recently published a few funny and realistic Memes about live streaming and the life of a video producer. Meme’s are a great example of the “real” side of the world that people can relate to. Meme’s are generally shared on the internet and generate an astonishing response on social media networks. The StreamGeeks try their best to uncover this trend in social media and online marketing drawing on their years of experience in live video production.
Why Behind the Scenes and IRL?
Creating engaging content can be the difference between having a viewer share, like or subscribe with your content and simply watching and leaving. When it comes to creating content for our brands and our businesses generally the goal is to create something that provides value and is shareable. Sure we can provide value, which is an honest and important part of the content creation process, but if nobody is sharing your content or subscribing, you are missing out on a big part of the leverage social media provides. Simply asking for your viewers to subscribe, like and share will certainly help and it does wonders for creators and brands who are not even taking that important step. But bringing your audience behind the scenes and connecting with them “In Real Life” is essentially the latest trend of authentic communication. Not only is the communication scalable with the potential to go viral at any time, but it is unique and personal. In our podcast, we explain the feeling when you hear your favorite creator answer your question and address you by name.
Live streaming technology is great for content producers/brands but also the viewers. Because it such as win/win scenario, every social media platform is embracing the technology and incorporating into the fabric of the online experience. Brands, content producers and small businesses alike are seeing massive success. The beauty of behind the scenes and in real life content is that the authentic, off the cuff, presentation style can be done in a way that does not require large up-front investments in technology. At the StreamGeeks, we incorporate a mix of professional studio video production and in real life authentic off-the-cuff video. Mixing these technologies and searching for the perfect balance is the future social media marketing in the digital world.Learn more on Monetizing Live Streaming
- How to monetize your next live event - here
- Selling Event Virtual Tickets and Private Live Streams - here
- Video Case Study on Virtual ticket sales - here
- Viewer Statistics for live streaming – here
- Here’s why Twitch is such a BIG opportunity for live streamers - here
- Did you know your town may have a Business Improvement District? They may help your set up a live stream! More here
Live Show Engagement Tips
- Check out the latest tools for live audience engagement on Facebook, YouTube and Twitch here
- Tips for Bringing Energy to your live show - here
- How to interview guests on your live show - here
- Transitioning from recorded video to live content - here
- Tips from 7 live streaming industry professionals - here
- 10 Steps to gaining more Facebook Live Viewers - here
- Here’s how you can add live Trivia to your broadcast - here
- The art of live storytelling from Ariel Viera - here.