How to use NDI Cameras with OBS
Written by Paul Richards on February 1, 2019
This is a big one. Let’s talk about using NDI cameras inside your OBS Production. This tutorial video will require some networking knowledge and we do provide some great input on the subject. You should understand basic IP networking and bandwidth considerations to use NDI networking inside Open Broadcaster Software.
Earlier in this OBS course, we have reviewed how to install the NDI plugin for OBS. Now we set up multiple NDI cameras to work with OBS and consider the differences between Full NDI and NDI HX bandwidth requirements.
Big thanks to PTZOptics for sharing their NDI camera setup video.
Check out our other articles about Open Broadcaster Software below:
- Here are the top 10 OBS features you need to know about
- Getting dropped frames in OBS. Here are some new feature to help with that.
- Take a look at OBS 24 and all the new feature here.
- Increase your productivity with OBS and learn how to use hotkeys here
- Learn how to setup animated stinger transitions in OBS here
- Learn how to install the NDI plugin for OBS (and why you should) here
- Learn more about the latest OBS user interface (UPDATED for 2019) here
- Make your audio in OBS sound great with these VST 2 plugins here
- Learn how to fix the most common OBS issues! Audio and Video Sync! here
- Learn how to use OBS 20+ here
- Learn how to use NDI Cameras with OBS here
- Learn how to use the OBS Multiview here
- Learn OBS quickly with our ZERO to SIXTY tutorial video here
- Learn more about OBS settings and optimizing your settings for live streaming here
- Learn how to record videos using OBS here
- New OBS 24 feature allows broadcasters the ability to pause and restart video recordings. Learn more here.
- Learn how to add live annotations over your OBS productions here
- Learn how to add a webcam and set up a picture in picture scene inside OBS here
- Learn how to crop and rotate inputs inside OBS here
- Learn how to use color correction tools and LUTs here